Governor Corbett and our state legislators are facing a grim budget for next year. If they don’t raise revenue, they will need to make more than $1.2 billion in cuts to Governor Corbett’s proposed budget.
Lobbyists will be swarming the Capitol in June making sure legislators know the priorities of special interest groups. We need to be there, too.
Join Education Voters PA and parents and community members from throughout Pennsylvania as we go to Harrisburg to stand up for public schools. We will send a loud and clear message that after three years of balancing the state budget on the backs of Pennsylvania’s public school children, it is time for our state government to stop standing up for gas drillers and special interests and finally stand up for our children.
Sign up here to join us.
Who: Parents, community members, school board members, public education advocates
- Come on your own, with a friend, or with a group
What: Citizen Presence in Harrisburg to Speak Up for Fair and Adequate Funding for Public Education
- We will be meeting with our legislators. Call and set up a meeting with your legislators in their Capitol office for the date that you will be coming to Harrisburg.
When: Wednesday, June 18, Monday, June 23, and Monday, June 30
- Pick the date and time that work best for you. Education Voters will have a table with information from 9:30-3:30 all three days. You can plan to make a quick trip to talk to your legislators or plan to spend the day in the Capitol halls making sure lawmakers know Pennsylvanians care about public schools in PA.
Where: Find Education Voters at a table in the Main Rotunda
- We will have information and talking points to help you make the most of your time.
Why: Legislators will be deciding what they will fund and what they will cut in this year’s budget
- We need to send a message that properly funding public education should be their top priority.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.